One of the most popular places in India for International tourism in Kerala. It is also among the most visited places in the whole of India. Kerala is popular for its rich bio-diversity, its wildlife, backwater houseboats, beautiful hills, and amazing culture that makes Kerala the favorite destination for the tourists.
Kerala also has some places which are away from all the crowd and noise. Due to the pandemic, many tourists would want to stay away from the populated tourist destinations. Some of these hidden destinations are ideal for a short-term vacation with your friends or family.
1. Meesapulimala: The peak is popularly known as the ‘Tiger’s Moustache’ as it looks like a tiger’s face when viewed from above. This destination is popular for trekking as you can walk through the beautiful valley of rich flora and tea gardens. It is situated near the popular destination of Munnar. To trek in the area, you need to acquire permission from the Forest department.
2. Nelliampathi: Surrounded by Tea Gardens and Coffee plantations this destination can be reached by road from an area called Palakkad. It has beautiful landscapes with water streams to enjoy. This area is also popular for Pambikuma Wildlife Sanctuary.
3. Vattavada Village: Located among the forest within many fields which is beautiful to watch. It is situated near Munnar and is popular for trekking among the scenic landscapes. Another popular activity in this place is mountain biking in the area called Aluva which is 160 km from the Vattavada. These places can be reached easily by road from Munnar.
4. Calvary Mount: Another destination famous for trekking through its beautiful landscape between Idukki Reservoir and Ayyappancoil. It is a difficult trek if you like to view the surroundings from the top of the peak. This destination is around 50 kilometers from Munnar.
5. Gavi Village: This secret village is hidden among the Ranni Forest which is near Periyar Tiger Reserve. The surrounding forest is full of 200 rare bird species and many other forms of wildlife. It located 90 kilometers away from Pathanamthitta.
6. Kappil Beach: Located 7 kilometers away from Varakala, this is a beautiful beach that is a hidden gem of Kerala. This beach should be avoided during the monsoon season as this area gets very heavy rainfalls during this time. This beach does not get crowded and is very clean and has been gaining popularity recently.