The recent surge in the new COVID cases got the government officials worried. Ernakulam’s district called Aluva was completely locked-down on Wednesday.
This strict lockdown is usually in the containment zones also known as ‘Red Zones’, however, the government is planning to impose it throughout the state if the numbers do not decline. Currently, the total number of cases has reached more than 15,000.
Under this lockdown following are main updated guidelines:
1. In Ernakulam, only the essential services will be allowed to function. All other business operations which do not fall in the category of ‘Essential Service’ will be closed.
2. People in the containment zones will not be allowed to move out of the house unless its a medical emergency or buying essential goods.
3. All schools and universities will remain closed. All exams will be suspended until further notice.
4. All governmental and public offices will stay closed except for Police, Defense, Utilities, Banks, Post Offices, Information centers, and Power and energy offices.
5. All Banks will be open from 10 am – 2 pm and with 50% capacity.
6. All public transportation will be suspended except for essential services.
7. All tourists coming to Kerala will be either Home Quarantined or Institutionally Quarantined.
These guidelines are currently applicable in the Aluva district. However, in the coming week, it is expected that a state-wide lockdown is announced.